Office Coordinator (Part/Flex Time)
KCD PR is hiring a part-time Office Coordinator in our beautiful San Diego office. This position reports directly to the president of the firm. KCD is a boutique public relations, digital marketing and social media agency that has a diverse roster of clients across the nation in emerging categories like fintech, AI, robotics, software and blockchain. The ideal candidate has 3+ years of administrative experience, is a rockstar collaborator and an expert at multi-tasking.
Working at KCD PR promises to offer an exciting, fast-paced work environment and the opportunity to help grow a company in the high-tech sector. If you enjoy supporting others, keeping an office environment neat and organized as well as managing vendor relationships, we want to hear from you. The position is flexible as we are looking for about 25 hours a week in the office (think 10am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday). We also know how to enjoy ourselves too, fostering a creative, collaborative environment that makes KCD PR a fun place to hang your hat.
The Office Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the office is running effectively and smoothly. The key areas of responsibility for the person in this role are human resources coordination and general office management. This role is part-time at approximately 25 hours a week, with flexibility.
- Assist with recruitment and the interview process of new hires including making call backs, informing potential candidates of their standing etc.
- Support the employee handbook, policy and procedures.
- Assist in the termination and separation process of previous employees.
- Revise, create and distribute Employee ASQ (Annual Survey of Quality) collect, analyze, and summarize data into a cohesive and concise presentation.
- Help drive company culture by managing various internal meetings and events to further KCD’s values
- Coordinate all agency training and professional development sessions.
- Facilitates the on-boarding of new employees (computer, supplies etc.).
- Train (or coordinate training efforts and plan) new employees – culture, process etc.
- Create and distribute the assessments. Collect the results of the assessments and ensure that they are saved and uploaded to the appropriate places.
- Coordinates the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Acts as liaison for housekeeping and other vendors to the company as needed.
- Answers main line phone calls – routes appropriately.
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications. When available, will coordinate such activities through the agency intern.
- Books and handles all conference room and kitchen maintenance and upkeep.
- Coordinates conference rooms and maintains cleanliness of conference rooms, kitchen and other shared office areas.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Coordination and planning of special events for employees, including regular all hands meetings
- Coordinates the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment.
- Serve as project manager for upcoming office relocation
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify areas for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen employee relationships.
- Serve as administrative assistant and manage calendar for agency president
- Special projects as they arise, in coordination with the agency president.
- Maintain specific knowledge of clients and how our services relate to their business strategy and goals.
- Potentially be involved the design and building of new services and supporting basic accounting functions
- Ensure consistency of existing systems through creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures when required.
- May support agency marketing from a coordination level in the future.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and take initiative.
- Experience in supporting/coordinating the recruitment of top talent.
- Project management with an ability to think ahead and plan over a 6-12-month time span.
- Planning and preparing written communications.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and client-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Educational Experience Recommendations:
- 3+ years’ experience in a client facing or front office role, preferably in a professional services firm
- Associate degree from an accredited university with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Prior administrative experience is a plus
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Performance based incentives.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture at one of the top-ranked PR firms in the industry.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume/CV to [email protected] and reference the Office Coordinator position.