Visiting San Diego for a Conference? What to See and Do in America’s Finest City
San Diego is a popular destination for B2B, and professional and financial services conferences. This year alone, financial firms First Allied Securities, Harland Financial, LPL Financial and TD Ameritrade hold their yearly meetings in “America’s Finest City.”
Wondering what to do during your free time away from meetings?
Below are our top recommendations for affordable, fun things to do in San Diego:
- Explore Seaport Village: This waterfront shopping area within walking distance of the Convention Center is a great place to browse boutiques, grab a quick meal, or walk along the harbor. You’ll find street artists, kite-flying kids, and locals out for a jog: there’s something for everyone!
- Sightsee on Coronado Island: Coronado is a KCD PR staff favorite. With beautiful beaches, Orange Avenue’s shops and restaurants, and the Hotel Del, what’s not to love? You can rent a bike and cruise along the coast or have a cocktail while overlooking the Pacific or the San Diego skyline.
- Grab some grub in the Gaslamp or Little Italy: San Diego’s Gaslamp district is within walking distance of the Convention Center, while Little Italy is a short cab ride away. Our team recommends PrepKitchen for comfort food with a flare, Candelas for contemporary Mexican cuisine, and Davanti for a rustic Italian experience.
- Take in a baseball game: Visit Petco Park in downtown to get your sports fix and for some breathtaking views of the city. The ballpark’s architecture is designed to celebrate unique natural features and the spirit of the city.
- Thirsty? Check out The Local where you can try beers from several of San Diego County’s famous breweries including Stone, Ballast Point, Karl Strauss, and Green Flash.
- Venture up the coast: La Jolla, Del Mar, Oceanside, and Orange County are all driving distance from San Diego and make for a quick, scenic day trip.
And, of course, shameless plug: the KCD PR office is in the beautiful Little Italy area, in the heart of downtown. We’d love to get together and show you around our city.